Risotto w Crimini Mushrooms and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Write a review
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs Crimini mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the broth over low heat.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and cook the mushrooms until soft. about 3 minute
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoons oil to skillet, and cook the shallots for 1 minute.
- Stir in the rice, coating it with oil, about 2 minutes.
- When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, add the wine, stirring constantly until it is fully absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed.
- Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender-firm.
- Remove from heat, and stir in sun-dried tomatoes, butter, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Chef Ursula http://www.chefursula.com/