French Roasted Chicken and vegetables with Lavender over noodles
Write a review
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp dried lavender flowers
- ½ tsp dried Italian parsley
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried tarragon
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced (including the leaves)
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 Tbsp cold water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix dried herbs and spices together and sprinkle over all chicken pieces. Heat Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp oil to pan. Sauté veggies about 5 min, til they’re a bit soft but not browned. Remove veggies and set aside. Add remaining 2 Tbsp oil to pan and sauté chicken about 5 minutes on each side, til brown. Add veggies back to pot, add wine, stock and bay leaf.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Chicken should be cooked through and juices will run clear. Remove the chicken and veggies with a slotted spoon to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- To make a quick gravy, set the Dutch oven with pan drippings over medium heat. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the juices. Stir til gravy simmers and thickens. Stir in a few Tbsp of cream or sour cream to make it even more decadent! Serve over buttered noodles.
Chef Ursula http://www.chefursula.com/