Citrus Grilled Chicken Thighs
Write a review
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, about 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, about 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chiffonade fresh rosemary leaves (don’t use more or it will overpower the recipe)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chiffonade basil leaves (or 1 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, or regular balsamic
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade (look for marmalade with small rinds)
- 1/4 cup Heinz sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reserved marinade, strained
- Chicken thighs, boneless, rinsed and patted dry
- Combine all the ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving @ 1/2 cup for glaze and put the chicken in a 13 by 9-inch pan and bake for 45 minutes. Baste with the glaze, turn the pieces over and bake for an additional 15 to 25 minutes, basting every 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and arrange the chicken on a serving platter.
Directions for Glaze
- In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot add the shallots and ginger and saute for 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook for 15 minutes. Baste the chicken with the glaze after 45 minutes.
Chef Ursula http://www.chefursula.com/