Chef Ursula’s Cocoa BBQ Sauce Pulled Pork
Write a review
- *BBQ Sauce*
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon light Karo syrup (corn syrup)
- 1 teaspoon blackened seasoning (I buy the generic from Kroger, it’s great!)
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon each: garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, black pepper
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- *Pulled Pork*
- 1 @2 pound pork loin roast
- 1 Tablespoon Canola oil
- Seasoned Meat Tenderizer
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Directions for BBQ Sauce: Mix all BBQ Sauce ingredients except chocolate. Simmer 8 minutes.
- Add chocolate. Stir until melted.
- Directions for Pulled Pork: Sprinkle pork liberally with seasoned salt.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet; add the pork and cook, turning, until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove the pork and transfer to a plate; whisk 3/4 cup water into the drippings in the skillet. Transfer the liquid to a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker.
- Add half of the BBQ sauce, and chicken stock to the slow cooker and whisk to combine. Add the pork, cover and cook on low, 8 hours.
- Remove the pork and transfer to a cutting board. Strain most of the liquid from the crock pot and discard, leaving a bit behind in the pot. Roughly chop the pork and mix in a bowl with remaining BBQ sauce to taste. Serve on buns with coleslaw.
Chef Ursula http://www.chefursula.com/