Native American Pawpaw Pudding
Write a review
- 1 ½ cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups pawpaw pulp
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup melted butter (not margarine)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In the center of a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: sugar, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Into a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add and whisk the eggs. Whisk until everything is fully mixed.
- Whisk and mix in the other wet ingredients: pawpaw puree, milk, and melted butter. Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake @ 50 minutes, or until a toothpick slid into the center of the pudding comes out clean. Like custard, if you jiggle the pan, the center should be set.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, or top with whipped cream.
Chef Ursula http://www.chefursula.com/