Spicy Queso Dipping Sauce
Write a review
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces queso blanco cheese, cubed (if you can’t find queso blanco, use white American cheese which can be found in the deli section of the grocery store)
- 8 oz. package Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chilies
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 plum (roma) tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sauté the onion and oil over medium heat in a small skillet for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Combine cheeses, half-and-half, chilies, cayenne, and onion mixture in a large microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir, then microwave @ 2 additional minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and mixture is smooth, stirring at 30 second intervals.
- Stir diced tomato and cilantro into cheese mixture. Serve the dip with ‘Tatoes in a Bacon Blanket.
Chef Ursula http://www.chefursula.com/