Savory Cheddar-Dill Crisps
Write a review
- 2 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (or use a10 oz. package of pre-shredded cheese)
- 1 stick unsweetened butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons whole milk or half and half
- 1teaspoon salt (I use coarse ground Kosher salt)
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat cheese, butter, milk, and salt in a large bowl until combined. Gradually add flour and pecans until blended. Stir in dill.
- Turn dough out onto a cutting board, and divide in half. Roll each half into a log 2 inches wide. Wrap in wax paper or parchment paper and refrigerate or freeze until you’re ready to slice and bake.
- Slice roll into 1/8 inch thick slices. Place onto ungreased parchment paper-lined baking sheet one inch apart. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Cool on rack about 15 minutes before serving.
Chef Ursula http://www.chefursula.com/