Holiday Asparagus Wraps
Write a review
- 30 asparagus spears, ends trimmed off
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt, to taste
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 30 long, thin strips
- 30 wonton sheets
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the asparagus in gallon-sized zip bag. Drizzle with olive oil and seasoned salt. Let sit while you gather the remaining ingredients.
- Wrap 1 prosciutto strip around each asparagus spear, barber pole style.
- Place wonton sheets on a cutting board, a few at a time (cover the remaining sheets to prevent drying); coat the wonton sheets with cooking spray. Sprinkle with about a ½ teaspoon of the parmesan cheese (I don’t measure. Just sprinkle. They’ll be great).
- Place one asparagus spear at the bottom of the wonton sheet; roll up like a cigar. Arrange the rolls on a baking sheet; spray the rolls with cooking spray. Repeat process with the remaining sheets, asparagus, and cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the wraps are golden brown and crisp. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Make-ahead tip: Arrange the assembled rolls on a baking sheet, coat with cooking spray, and cover; store in the fridge for up to four hours. Bake an hour or two before your holiday party.
Chef Ursula http://www.chefursula.com/